Saturday, September 26, 2009

In the last two weeks, I've finished two books. It took me very little time to read the both of them. I had found a list, that don't remember making, of books to read and they were both on there.

The first one was Flowers for Algernon (1966) by Daniel Keys. I greatly enjoyed it, and it could quite possibly make it onto my list of favorite books. As I've probably mentioned, I like when whatever I'm reading evokes some type of emotion. At more than one point, my eyes got a little teary and there were some spots that made me angry for the characters. For the time when it was written, I think it gave insight into how medicine would continue to evolve. I was also pleased with the ending.

The second book was The Secret Life of Bees (2003) by Sue Monk Kidd. I liked this book, but it left more to be desired. It didn't bring our a lot of emotion, but I wouldn't put it in the discard pile. I'm really not sure where I would put the climax of the book and the end was just okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment